Within the proxyNM GUI we will display information on basic network measures. You will see these rolled up for all of your agents as well as seeing results for individual agents. This allows you to spot outliers and compare relative performance which helps when working out if a particular result is good or bad – normal or anomalous.
Results can be seen over a time period as well as summarised for the time period selected. For example, you may have selected results for the past week and thus we may show the best, worst and average network loss for that period, as well as the loss plotted over the 7 days for all agents (a rolled-up chart) and for each agent.
Recipients of PDF reports (rather than those using GUI access) will see similar visualizations. The free snapshot service only gets a single throughput test result in its PDF report rather than the ongoing throughput results seen on other services.
Throughput (Upload & Download):
Agent Reachability and Service Provider:
Clicking on these links will show you additional information about these tests and others:
- TelcoSI: Excited space nerds
- Basic Network Measures Overview
- Basic Computer Measures Overview
- TelcoSI proxyNM: Home/Residential Setup, Information and Visualization Explainers.
- How to use this blog
- What else is available in the ‘Application Performance’ section of the report
- What does the stuff at the bottom of the PDF report (‘Report and agent information’) tell us
- Uptime vs Reachability
- What are delay and latency
- Why do I see multiple service providers and/or IP addresses in my visualization